Stencyl Essentials (April 2015, PACKT)
Learn to build beautiful, unique, cross-platform games in quick-fire time with the free Stencyl 2D game engine and toolset.
Written by our very own Richard Sneyd, Stencyl Essentials is simply the fasted, easiest, and most instantly rewarding way to learn Stencyl through the written word. It is also the most up to date title currently available. Whether you are new to game development, or an experienced developer looking for a quicker, more intuitive way to prototype, develop, and publish your game ideas, this book will show you how to achieve your game development goals using Stencyl.
By following a clear, step by step development cycle for our first Stencyl game prototype, you will rapidly gain a working knowledge of the Stencyl game engine and toolset. And, with ample screenshots to follow, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to follow along at every stage!
- Learn to develop fantastic 2D computer games in just a fraction of the usual time using Stencyl’s visual programming language.
- Gain a deep, keen understanding of all the great game development & design features and tools that Stencyl has to offer.
- Build your very first computer game prototype with Stencyl by following the step-by-step lessons in this book.
Why Learn Stencyl?
With the incredible growth in the global games industry over the past few years, Stencyl makes it possible for literally anyone to learn how to create amazing, engaging, and polished 2D games in just a fraction of the time it would usually take, and then publish those games to IOS, Android, Desktop, & Web.
Key Learning Objectives
- Discover the key benefits of Stencyl, its technical structure, and what makes it so special.
- Understand and work effectively with the Stencyl interface.
- Set-up scenes and alter their settings at will.
- Import and utilize graphics.
- Import and integrate sound FX and music in your games.
- Create and configure actor types and instances
OK I'm Sold, Where Do I Buy??
Stencyl Essentials is available for purchase on all good online book stores, but we recommend purchasing from either Amazon, or from the Packt Publishing website itself for all the best promotions, discounts and rates: